Experience and Expertise
John brings to GALLINA a significant wealth of knowledge about the construction industry. His areas of expertise include auditing, accounting, business consulting, and tax services. John has experience in the real estate industry as well, and he serves clients from GALLINA’s Walnut Creek office.
He started his career working for the U.S. Army Finance Corps as a Finance Officer and then moved on to work for a Big Four accounting firm. As a partner and the National Director of the Construction arm of this firm, John developed a deep understanding of the compliance, finances, and taxation needs for those in the industry.
John is known in the industry for his ability to understand client needs. He wants clients to trust his expertise and judgment as he looks at the big picture to bring them the best possible resolution. John is able to help resolve conflicts or differences in opinion as they arise and provides a level-headed approach to each new situation.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), member
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA), member
- Associated General Contractors of America (AGC), member of multiple committees
- Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA), National Board of Directors
- The Beavers, member
- Consulting Contractors’ Council of America, member
- Engineering and Utility Contractors Association (EUCA), member
Bachelor of Science and Master of Business Administration from Santa Clara University
Master in Taxation from Golden Gate University
- Travel and playing tennis