Experience and Expertise
John provides tax planning and compliance services to privately held businesses and their owners. He serves clients in all phases of the business cycle and has deep expertise in business acquisitions, dispositions, financings, and restructurings. In addition, he has significant experience advocating for clients in IRS and California Franchise Tax Board examinations and appeals. John serves clients in a variety of industries, including real estate, construction, manufacturing, distribution, technology, and professional services.
John began his career with a Big 4 accounting firm where he most recently served as a corporate tax research and planning resource for the firm’s offices across the Western United States. He is considered a thought leader and has published articles in Corporate Taxation and Construction Accounting and Taxation.
John is dedicated to providing clients responsive and personalized service, which begins by getting to know his clients and their needs. He is proactive in assisting clients with tax planning, touching base with clients throughout the year to avoid unpleasant surprises and make sure they’re taking advantage of available tax savings opportunities.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), member
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA), member
- “The Interaction of New Section 362(e)(2) With the Loss Disallowance Rules in Corporate Liquidations”, Corporate Taxation, September/October 2005
- “An Overview of the Final Repair Regulations”, Construction Accounting and Taxation, November/December 2013
- “Accounting for Employee Use of Company Vehicles,” Construction Accounting and Taxation, September/October 2014
- Master of Accountancy from Brigham Young University
- Bachelor of Science in Accountancy from Brigham Young University, summa cum laude
- Spending time with family
- Working in the yard