"We are passionate about what we do and it shows in our approach to client service."
Experience and Expertise
Julian has nearly two decades of accounting experience in the construction industry. Before joining GALLINA, Julian worked with a large general contractor based out of Northern California. Having been able to see contractors on the inside as well as from the outside, Julian has developed a unique perspective that allows him to provide creative solutions to problems that general contractors face. He also has significant experience with accounts payable, scheduling, and insurance accounting, and has conducted internal cash flow training.
In addition to providing timely and accurate accounting services, Julian is adept at solving complicated accounting problems. Not only does he quickly identify the source of the problem, but Julian is able to translate it into language appropriate for clients. This simplifying of accounting issues also allows Julian to easily provide best practice guidance, giving our clients the tools they need to stay ahead of emerging accounting matters.
Julian’s approach to the firm's clients is two-fold: staying in contact regularly with thoughtful communication as well as listening to client’s concerns and looking for opportunities to help them. Keeping apprised of our client’s schedule allows Julian to be on the offensive, uncovering potential issues before they actually arise. In this way Julian helps improve practices and avoids surprises at year-end.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), member
- AICPA National Construction Industry Conference, steering committee member and presenter
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA), member
- Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA), member and presenter
- United Contractors, member
- Surety Association of Northern California, member
- CSU East Bay Extension Program for Construction Management, teacher: construction accounting
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting from California State University, Hayward
- Spending time with wife and son