"I believe in providing attentive, responsive, and proactive service to clients. I want them to sleep better at night."
Experience and Expertise
Mark has been a tax professional for over 25 years, having spent the first 15 years at PricewaterhouseCoopers in both San Diego and Sacramento. He has worked in numerous industries including real estate, construction, manufacturing and distribution, agriculture, retail, service, investment and nonprofit. Mark has worked with businesses from small to large, public and private, and national and international.
As a tax specialist, Mark has assisted clients with their needs on many levels including consulting, strategic planning, and other complex issues. He has worked on many different types of transactions, including entity choice and formation, structuring, succession planning and mergers and acquisitions.
Mark currently co-authors two publications on construction industry taxation, and has authored articles and spoken on various real estate, construction, and manufacturing and distribution tax issues.
Mark also co-hosts a weekly radio business talk show, Beyond the Numbers, where he interviews guests on a number of topics.
Mark believes in strong communication in order to develop solutions and simplify complex issues for our clients. By providing attentive, responsive, and proactive service to clients, they can be at ease with a strong relationship with their CPA. By asking the right questions, having strong listening and problem-solving skills, and communicating advice in an understandable way, Mark works towards successful solutions for every client.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, member
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants, member
- UCP of Sacramento and Northern California, board of directors
- UCP of Sacramento and Northern California, foundation board of directors
- Keaton Raphael Memorial, board of directors
- Straight Talk Schools, board of directors
- Auburn Tech Incubator, advisory board
- Sacramento Area Commerce & Trade Organization, past member, finance committee
- Diogenes Youth Services, past member, board of directors
- Bachelor of Science Business Administration, Emphasis in Accounting, University of Colorado at Boulder
- Master of Science Accountancy, emphasis in Taxation, San Diego State University
- Community Service