“My focus is helping industry business owners and clients make money, save money, and obtain peace of mind.”
Experience and Expertise
Mark has over 30 years of professional accounting experience and is a former principal of Tueffers, Guckian & Gamon, PLLC. Mark serves an extremely diverse clientele including both general contractors and subcontractors in such areas as electrical, mechanical, underground utilities, hauling, pavement marking, sheet rock, and painting. His clients range in size from start‐ups to $75 million in annual revenues, and include both union and non‐union shops, as well as equipment rental companies, homebuilders, and real estate developers.
In the course of 25 years of focusing solely on construction industry clients, Mark has developed substantial expertise in all matters of taxation, including tax planning for proprietorships, corporations, S‐corporations, partnerships, LLCs, individuals, estates, and trusts, Federal and multi‐state compliance matters, Federal and State tax examinations, business formations, capitalizations, succession, and risk management.
Mark takes a proprietary interest in his clients to see their business needs from all angles. He wants to make decisions about what he would do if in his clients’ position. By focusing on what he would do given the circumstance at hand, he can help facilitate a sound decision.
Mark is involved in many organizations, which currently include the following:
- Washington Society of Certified Public Accountants (WSCPA), member
- Washington State Bar Association, member
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting from the University of Washington
- Joint Degree with an emphasis in Taxation from the University of Puget Sound
- Plays year round on two men’s ice hockey teams
- Part owner and developer of Water‐Ski Lake in Eastern Washington
- Spending time with his bride of 30 years, Lynn, and their two adult daughters