"I love the challenge of complex and difficult transactions and client businesses. I view the tax law as a type of puzzle. Depending on the pieces of the puzzle that you use, you can create different outcomes and some benefit your clients more than others. I love the challenge of trying to find the puzzle pieces that benefit my client the most."
Experience and Expertise
Reed spent 11 years with a Big Four accounting firm, shoring up valuable experience in a variety of industries. With GALLINA since 2007, Reed has further expanded his reputation for technical excellence and client satisfaction.
Reed has in-depth experience providing federal and multi-state tax services to construction, real estate, agriculture, retail, manufacturing, and banking entities. His specialties encompass a variety of practices including compliance and tax planning, changes in income tax accounting methods, entity structuring, FAS 109, and estate and gift planning. In addition, he provides support on IRS controversies including those that require examinations and appeals. Reed also specializes in complex transaction planning while proving support on both short- and long-term projects.
Reed serves his clients by understanding their business and its needs. By doing this, he is able to assist them with their accounting needs while also identifying other service professionals who can assist them with other needs they face. He actively seeks to understand their business and its operations to optimize planning opportunities and identify the service professionals to be involvement. His ultimate goal is to ensure quality service while exceeding expectations and ensuring satisfaction. This is accomplished by maintaining open communication so the client knows what to expect on timing, fees, and product.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), member
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants (CalCPA), member
- Boy Scouts of America, Eagle Scout
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting from Brigham Young University, Provo, Dean's List
- Master of Taxation from Brigham Young University, Provo, Dean’s List
- Spending time with my wife and five children
- Coaching my kids’ soccer and basketball teams
- Serving in my church and helping others
- Playing basketball, golf, cycling, jogging, and boating