“I strive to help business owners solve problems, set and reach their goals, while constantly improving, and always having fun. I strive to be the opposite of the quintessential accountant - I am outgoing, fun, available, communicative, and creative.”
Experience and Expertise
Steve first began his public accounting career at KPMG Peat Marwick. After working as an auditor in Los Angeles and New York City for four years, he went on to successfully develop a 28,000 square foot commercial building in Park City, Utah. In 1995, Steve continued his career in public accounting and joined The Leverich Group, eventually becoming a partner in 2000. Steve joined GALLINA LLP in 2014 when the firm combined with The Leverich Group in Utah.
Steve has extensive experience in assisting businesses, their owners, and employees with the issues and details related to growth, and sometimes shrinkage. He provides clients with tax and financial planning, banking and bonding, training of company financial personnel, succession planning and preparation for sale, and general problem solving. He is also experienced in coaching owners and key personnel in making the personal and organizational changes necessary to achieve success.
Steve’s approach to helping businesses thrive is by asking questions and listening to them. He makes it a priority to understand where they want to go with their business and personal lives. Then, customizing and tailoring services and pro-active ideas to help them get where they want to be. Steve makes himself available, scheduling regular meetings and phone calls, and generally attempting to be an important advisor to them and their business.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), member
- Utah Association of Certified Public Accountants (UACPA), member
- Utah Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC), member and presenter
- Utah Association of General Contractors (AGC), member and presenter
- Utah Surety Association, member and presenter
- Utah Plumbing and Heating Contractors Association (UPHCA), member and presenter
- Society for Marketing Professional Services (SMPS), past board member
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with an emphasis in Accounting from California State University, Los Angeles
- Spending time with family, which includes a son, a daughter, and his wife
- Reading – extensive book reader and collector
- Playing competitive tennis
- Hiking, biking, camping
- Traveling and exploring Southern Utah’s beauty of the Grand Staircase, Zion, and Canyonlands regions